Exchange programme | Nutrition and Dietetics
Exchange programme (B GEEL07)
The Nutrition and Dietetics Exchange Programme at campus Geel is part of the STAR-Track Programme
You want to ban fad diets and dispel food myths
- You consider yourself a foodie or a health guru.
- Your dream job would involve promoting a healthy lifestyle and busting food myths.
- In this programme, you will learn all about nutrition, anatomy and science.
- You will learn to analyse food products, optimise nutrition, and determine a person's body composition.
- You will discover how to offer accurate dietary and nutritional advice.
- You will learn how to conduct a professional discussion and you will grow as a coach.
- The programme also covers food analysis and catering management.
- In your second and third year you will do an internship.
- When you graduate, you’ll be able to work as an accredited dietician.
- You can also work as a coach or a food analyst.
- You’ll have plenty of job opportunities in a wide range of sectors.
- If you’d rather continue studying, you can! Feel free to pursue a second bachelor’s degree, a postgraduate degree or a master’s degree.
Nutrition International Health Promotion Project ( NIHPP)
Join our Blended Intensive Programme (BIP) course where you collaborate with Belgian, Spanish and Finnish students on Nutrition Health Promotion. Experience the enrichment of working with other cultures !
Food Company Placement
Near the school there are several food companies where you can do your internship. You will be coached in English and you can apply your competences regarding quality control, food safety and product development.
Setting you up for success. Shine in a multidisciplinary team.
Did you know recruiters invite you based on your resume, but hire you based on your soft skills?
Experience High Impact learning in the STAR-Track. Develop your interdisciplinary and intercultural competences and grow into globally aware citizens and future-proof professionals.
- Exam regulations
- Personal coaching
Choose Nutrition & Dietetics and pursue an exciting job in which you can combine your social skills with your scientific knowledge. As a dietician, you can go in different directions. Giving advice to clients (individually or in a group), optimizing food in a hospital, developing products in a food company or choosing to promote healthy food.
Join our exchange autumn or spring semester.
A whole semester consist of approximately 30 ECTS. We advise you to come to Thomas More for a full semester but you can also take less ECTS.
You can find more details about the courses by clicking on 'Courses' in the menu on the left.
The academic year in a nutshell
Below you can find an overview of the courses ( under reservation of changes), with the number of credits per phase. Credits express how many hours you need on average to process the subject matter (incl. lessons). Count about 25 to 30 hours for 1 study credit.
- We have explained the most important courses in a blue tooltip.
- Would you like to know the detailed content of each subject? Check the programme guide.
- Courses marked with a * are offered fully online. This means you don't have to physically come to Belgium to take these courses.
- Courses marked with a ** are Blended Intensive Programmes (BIP). These courses are offered partly online and partly on campus.
Code ECTS Autumn Spring Professional skill courses Work Placement i Z13133 20 x Work Placement i Z13135 30 x Evidence based Dietetics i Z16365 5 x Work Placement i Z13134 20 x Work placement i Z13136 30 x Professional skills: nutrition international health promotion project ** i Z15977 3 x FUTURE PROOF SKILLS Code ECTS Autumn Spring Summer School Z16184 3 x Startup Bootcamp Social & Climate Impact Z25777 3 x Project Case Z15589 5 x Intercultural communication Z14469 5 x Coaching Z14436 5 x Global Interprofessional Collaboration in Health Care* i Z26033 3 x Survival Dutch i Z13456 3 x Survival Dutch i Z13455 3 x Code ECTS Autumn Spring Professional skill courses Work Placement i Z13133 20 x Work Placement i Z13135 30 x Evidence based Dietetics i Z16365 5 x Work Placement i Z13134 20 x Work placement i Z13136 30 x Professional skills: nutrition international health promotion project ** i Z15977 3 x FUTURE PROOF SKILLS Summer School Z16184 3 x Startup Bootcamp Social & Climate Impact Z25777 3 x Project Case Z15589 5 x Intercultural communication Z14469 5 x Coaching Z14436 5 x Global Interprofessional Collaboration in Health Care* i Z26033 3 x Survival Dutch i Z13456 3 x Survival Dutch i Z13455 3 x
There are no specific pre-requisites for this exchange programme.
The autumn courses run from mid-September until the end of December. The spring courses run from the second week of February till the end of May. All offered Professional skill courses (except placement) are evaluated through continuous assessment and end in December or in May.
During work placement the trainee is assessed by the placement supervisor on a continuous basis. Interim evaluations and final evaluation are carried out via interviews between the student, the supervisor and the lecturer of the receiving institute.
Yes, we care
During your exchange you can count on a whole support team to truly make you feel at home at Thomas More. The International Support Team, the International Office, your 'buddy', Student Services (STUVO), all of our lecturers and many more will personally guide you to ensure that you blend in from the beginning and prosper so that we help you to deploy and nurture your talents. You will never feel alone.
Are you passionate about people and interested in different disciplines and cultures? Do you aim high and have what it takes to make a difference? Are you ready to shape the future? Do you have an open mind? Do opportunities and challenges trigger you to do more?
Become a STAR @ Thomas More
STAR-track is a multi-disciplinary exchange semester in English. Team up with students with a different cultural and study background. A STAR semester consists of a total of 30 ECTS which combines 15 ECTS professional skills in your field of expertise with 15 ECTS future proof skills of your choice.
More information in our webpage.
Need to know
- Practical information
- Additional studies
Become a STAR @ Thomas More
- Do you have questions regarding...
- the Star-Track Programme? Contact Inge Vervoort
- your courses or Learning Agreement? Contact your International Coordinator !
- your nominations, application, visa or practical arrangements? Contact the International Office via email@example.com
- Application deadline
- 15 May (to start in September - STAR-Track Programme)
- 31st of October (to start in February)
- Do you have questions regarding...
Tweede bachelor (via verkort traject)
Master (via schakelprogramma)